Detta är en arkiverad sida. Informationen sparas för referensändamål.
Learning Together For Change - Advancing Education For All (EFA) Through Higher Education
Swedish-African collaborative workshop for learning and development of joint actions in relation to the United Nations’ Education For All (EFA) initiative.
The Association of Swedish Higher Education (SUHF) is a member organization for Institutions of Higher Education in Sweden. SUHF is a member of the International Association of Universities, IAU, and wishes to contribute to IAU’s very important work on the involvement of Higher Education for EFA (HEEFA) and the inclusion of the sector in the upcoming education agenda for 2030.
SUHF is planning an event where Swedish institutions and their African partners can share experiences and jointly learn from past and ongoing work supporting the EFA agenda. From the event, we should draw conclusions on factors for success and on results showing the importance of the role of Higher Education for advancing the EFA and the future education agendas.
The workshop will be held in Arusha, Tanzania between the 27th -29nd of April.
Four program committees have been formed. Each program committee will plan for the content of one of the four themes. These are:
Theme 1: Sustainability and change
Theme 2: Learning, technology and globalization
Theme 3: Rights, equality and gender
Theme 4: Quality
The aim with the conference will be to provide an interesting forum for the establishment of new collaboration and the strengthening of already existing collaboration within higher education and research. The intention is to draw conclusions on factors for success for advancing the EFA and the future education agenda. Conclusions will be fed forward to the UNESCO World Education Forum 2015 (WEF 2015) in Korea, May 2015, where the role of higher education and research will be promoted in relation to the post-UN-millennium development goals.
Read more on the conference web site: www.learningforchange2015.com
- Cecilia Christersson, Chair, Malmö högskola
- Helena Lindholm Schulz, Göteborgs universitet
- Marie Klingberg Allvin, Högskolan Dalarna
- Peter Sundin, Uppsala universitet
- Pär Svensson, Lunds universitet
- Thomas Blom, Karlstads universitet
- Marianne Granfelt, SUHF
- Måns Fellesson, Nordiska Afrikainstitutet
- Isabelle Turmaine, IAU
- Prof. Florens Luoga, the Deputy Vice Chancellor responsible for Research and Knowledge Exchange
- Elias Kiyaga, "Public Relations Officer", University of Rwanda
- Dr Nico Joste, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, President International Education Association of South Africa (IEASA)
- Leolyn Jackson, SANORD
- Hamidou Boly, professor, coordinator TEAM- Africa